This demo will walk you through how to how to combine various normal mapping techniques onto a simple mesh.
Programs used: Maya 2016, ZBrush 4R7, Photoshop CS6, CrazyBump v1.2
IMPORTANT: There are a few steps completed before the video starts. I will cover these steps with additional demos if I get enough requests. Feel free to contact me if you found this demo helpful, and want more like it. Thanks!
- Model a high poly mesh in Maya
- Model a low poly version and uv map it.
- Duplicate the uv-mapped low poly mesh, and prep it for ZBrush.
- Import the ZBrush-prepped mesh, and sculpt on it.
- Export normal, ambient occlusion, and cavity maps from ZBrush.
- Create additional maps in CrazyBump using photo reference and height maps.
- Combine all maps in Photoshop (covered in this video).